Saturday, January 23, 2010

A start to a few things...




Ok so I know it has been a while since I last blogged but I have been THAT busy! I have not forgotten the mission though and am still 100% excited about it! I have been reading and am almost done with my 2nd book for the month of January.

43) Read 2 new books a month


I finished the first one last weekend while I was at home in Espanola and it was GOOD!!!! It was The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.



This book is about a man named Logan Thibault. A marine that served 3 toours in Iraq. While in Kuwait, Logan stumbles upon a picture half buried in the sand of a girl at a fair and posts it on a bulletin board for the owner to claim. After weeks had gone by, Logan noticed it was still hanging where he had left it and decided to take it back and keep it in his wallet. Logan's friend Victor tells him that the photo is his lucky charm because Logan has escaped hundreds of catastrophies while almost everyone around him has not. Logan doesn't really believe what his friend says but keeps the picture nonetheless. When Logan is out of the marines, he decides to go look for the girl in the picture. He has no idea where to start or if he will ever find her but in any case, he begins his walk (yes I said WALK) from Colorado to....he wasn't sure. He only had a few clues to go on and he ended up in a small NC town called Hampton. There he shows the picture to some guys at a bar and they tell him who she is and she does in fact live there. Without giving too much away...I will say that he finds her, they meet and life gets very interesting for Thibault and the woman as well as the small town of Hampton. (IF you want to know the whole story, let me know and I will write it. I am just not sure if some people would rather read it for themselves). ;o)

This is a MUST read book! It was fascinating how it kept my attention throughout and I loved the ending! (ALWAYS important!)
Right now I am reading The Wedding also by Nicholas Sparks. I will definitley let you know when I am finished and give my thoughts on it.

Aside from reading I have been trying to figure out ways to start on some other parts of my list. It gets tough when time is so limited. BUT I am happy to say that I have found the puzzle I will be using to accomplish another item on my list: 94) Do a 1,000 piece puzzle all by myself



This is it.....

I am VERY excited about it! ^_^ I know it will be hard and will require LOTS of patience but that is why I want to do it. I have never had the patience for such things and I would like to try it atleast once. Who knows, maybe I will end up loving it and become a puzzle fanatic!!! Hahaha Prolly not ;o)
Anyways, I know it is a slow start but its a start nonetheless. I am hoping to get my schedule underway and organized so I can get even MORE done! Until the next time....
Besos!




No comments:

Post a Comment